Prince Charming

I love princess movies. What girl doesn't? Disney had sorely disappointed me with The Princess and the Frog - it was evil! They have now redeemed themselves, for the time being, with Tangled. What a great movie! As I was watching it today, for the third time, it hit me why I love princess movies. There are so many great parallels. All those places in our hearts that these speak to - speaking Jesus to us in powerful ways, that is, if we listen with a heart that is His. If you haven't seen it, you might be a little confused, but bear with me. We were at the scene where they put up the lanterns. They were singing about never seeing the light until they had seen each other. I recalled all those verses about Jesus being the Light of the world. The only Light that truly shines brightly enough for us to see. Without the Light of Christ I can't see anything. The last part of the movie really gets me. He is dying, and she is willing to sacrifice her freedom forever to save him. Only he won't let her do that. He is willing to die so she won't be a prisoner, so he cuts her hair with his last strength, and dies so she doesn't have to. It really is beautiful. As he reaches up to cut her hair, the "gift" that has kept her in prison for so long, I realized that Christ did the exact same thing. He cut me free from all those supposed "gifts" that were really chains. He set me free to be a part of the family I was always supposed to belong to, my true family, His family. And He died so I wouldn't have to. The best part is, He is alive now, risen and at home, adding on that perfect room for His Bride, waiting for His Father to say, "OK, Son, go and get her!" I know a hokey analogy. But, hey, I am a sappy romantic at heart. And Jesus has all my heart. The whole thing. So how can I not see Jesus in every sappy romantic thing there is?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127