Faith in Limboland

The second half of this year's CBS study we have been working through the book of Hebrews.  Wow!  It is amazing to me how much God uses His Word to talk to us where we are at the moment.  The last few weeks we have been looking at the eleventh chapter - the "Hall of Faith".  We have talked a lot about faith and perseverance.  This is something I need right now.

We seem to be stuck in Limboland.  We thought we would have been moved long ago, certainly by now, but we haven't even put our house on the market!  In fact, we aren't even sure where we are going.  All this with no more job here (construction project, not actual paycheck).  One job near for a few more months, but what next?  We thought we were going on to another job, but that job keeps getting pushed back.  This is truly one of those moments when we must put our hands in His and let Him lead us through the dark.

This, for two type A personalities who need a plan for everything, has been trying to say the least.  But through these lessons in faith and lots of prayer, I am at a point where I can honestly say "I'm good with it!"  We are learning patience and contentment.  You would think these lessons would lend themselves to every aspect of life, but, no, it seems that I must learn them individually for each part of my life.

While I was "finished" being stressed about our life in Limboland, I decided to be stressed about school instead.  I am a total control freak.  I have gotten into a huge rut of doing things like I did when I taught in public schools.  This totally doesn't work for homeschooling!  The trouble is, over and over again, I have had to learn this lesson.  I don't know that I would say we are called to totally "unschool", but certainly we are called to RELAX!  Learning happens so much better when we are relaxed.  I am learning that this is also a matter of faith.  When God says to me, again and again, "Don't you trust Me?" and I find that He is even talking about my children's education, well, that is faith stretching.  There are so many "what ifs?" that go through my head.  But all He says is "Don't you trust Me?"  So, the faith lessons continue - stretching into new areas of life all the time.

God calls us the trust Him in all areas of our lives.  If He calls us to do something - He will make us able through Him.  He never calls people to do things and then leaves them on their own.  Think of all the ways He helped Moses.  Think of the man of faith He became.  But did He start that way?  No!  He had so many doubts in his own abilities that he actually argued with the God of the universe at a burning bush!  Oh, how I argue.  But faith is there, stretching, growing, holding me tight to Him.

So, trust, stretch, grow - faith in action every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127