Book Review The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson

 The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson by Emily Dickinson


I am not a huge fan of poetry.  Mostly because I am a very linear and logical thinker so, often, I have a hard time figuring out what the poet really is talking about.  I also try to make everything a standard rhythm.  Rhyme is also forced when I am reading poetry, whether it is there or not.  All this to say, it took me some effort to read this collection poetry, but it wasn’t as difficult as some other poets I have read.  One thing I really like about the G3 reading challenge is that it is forcing me out of my comfort zone and stretching my brain.  Even if you are like me and don’t really enjoy poetry, I would recommend stretching out and reading some occasionally.  Emily Dickinson is a great place to start and this collection is well done.  (I got this book from my county's digital library.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127