Letting Go

     Sometimes, letting go is so hard.  As my children get older, they have to choose their own paths.  I don't always agree with their choices.  Some of their choices actually scare me.  But I can't make those choices for them and, as much as I hate it, they are just as human as I am.  I think of all the mistakes, some of them life altering, I made in my teens and twenties.  Yet, I am still here, loving Jesus with everything in me.  Even when I have slipped over and over, I don't fall.  "Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God is compassionate." (Psalm 116:5)  So I pray for my children and love them no matter what.  I pray that they will love Jesus more than anything and they will be able to get back on the right path when they stray.  I have to release them to the One who loves them even more than I do, and, as they get older, I have to release them more and more often.
     Something to add:  This morning as I was talking to Jesus, I was deeply convicted.  It bothers me so much when my kids don't do things my way, because I know my way will keep them from getting hurt.  How many times have I not done things God's way and hurt Him because He knew I was going to suffer for my choices?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127