When you are totally wrong...

Have you ever thought that you could clearly see something that God was working out for you - so clearly that you were almost positive that some certain thing was going to happen. And then it doesn't. SLAM! Down you go. This happened to us in a big way this last week. We were sure. We saw all the ways that things were working out, often in totally illogical ways, working towards one specific life changing event. And then it didn't happen. So, were we wrong? Was God ignoring us? Was He just messing with us, toying with our hopes and dreams? NO - to all of the above. We were right, God was working in big ways in our lives, just not the ways we thought. He never ignores us. He never messes with us or toys with our hopes and dreams. So what happened? We were called to stretch and grow some more, that's what.

I once read a beautiful illustration of our walk with Christ. It is like climbing a cliff. It is difficult, but we grow stronger because of it. And then, we reach a plateau, where we are called to rest and simply be with Jesus. Then, when our muscles have rebuilt, stronger than before, we are called to climb higher with Him again, to an even better plateau, and so on and so on. Wow! What a beautiful thought. Christ loves us too much to carry us though everything - all our muscles would atrophy. He does, however, lead us. Holding our hands as His cherished treasures.

So, did I cry when our life changing event didn't happen? Yeah, a little. But you know what? My God is awesome and His plans for me are far better than anything I could ever imagine. So I say, "Bring it on!" to whatever the next step He has for me is, because I know it will be great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127