Continue

 Do you ever get tired of the dailyness of life?  This morning I was realizing that I really needed a haircut, and I found myself annoyed with the fact.  Why do I have to keep cutting my hair every month or so?  Why do I have to eat multiple times a day?  Isn't once enough?  Why do I have to buy new clothes?  I'm not growing anymore (or at least, I'm not supposed to be).  Why does the kitchen need to be cleaned over and over?  Why does the laundry need to be done every day (almost)?  etc. etc. etc.

Do you ever think about these things?  This morning, I was struck by the fact that it annoys me so much that everything I do isn't one and done.  In fact, most things in life don't work that way.  I could feel the nudge of the Spirit, though, letting me know that there is a reason for this.  We can't be one and done with our relationship with Christ, either.  Just because we have surrendered our lives to Him doesn't mean that's it.  We need to work on building our relationship with Him moment by moment, day by day.  We need to be like Daniel:  "and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God as he had been doing previously."  (Daniel 6:10b)  We need to CONTINUE.  Each day.  One day at a time.  Even when each day includes many of the same tasks.  We need to CONTINUE in the Lord.  Each day.  One day at a time.  Even when each day includes praying without ceasing, Bible study, and service.  

So, let's CONTINUE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127