Hurts and Bitterness

 Today, I am on the struggle bus.  For a few years now, I have struggled with some hurt and bitterness, much of which is probably caused by my own pride, against a particular group.  Every time I think I have totally turned this over to God and "gotten over it," something else happens and all the anger and bitterness flare to life in me.  I know this is totally wrong.  This attitude is sin and God doesn't like it.  It is ok to feel hurt.  But bitterness is not ok.  In the book of Hebrews, we are warned against allowing a root of bitterness to spring up.  Bitterness has to be torn out promptly or it just grows and grows.  Over and over in the Psalms, David (and others) talk about their hurt and difficulties when others are against them.  The hurt isn't the problem.  The bitterness is.  The pride is.  So, I am trying to be like David and turn my hurt into prayer and my upset into praise by taking my eyes off the situation (and off myself) and fixing them on Jesus.  

"I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders.
I will be glad and exult in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High."
Psalm 9:1-2

No matter my circumstances - I will give thanks and praise You, Jesus, my King.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127