Book Review - Judges: Such a Great Salvation by Dale Ralph Davis

  As part of the G3 reading challenge this year, the first category is “A Book about a Book of the Bible.”  When I first started this challenge, the Bible study I was in was working on the book of Judges, so I decided to read Judges: Such a Great Salvation by Dale Ralph Davis.  This is a good commentary on Judges and helped me in my study.  It was very readable, which was great.  Some of the commentaries I have read are so technical and “high level” that I have a hard time getting through them.  I almost feel like they are “talking down their nose” to me, sure that I couldn’t possibly be smart enough to understand.  With this commentary, I never felt that way, but yet it is still scholarly and has many great insights, both concerning the text and its historical context.  I will be picking up more of Dale Ralph Davis’s commentaries for future studies.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suffering

Letting Go

Book Review - A History of the American People by Paul Johnson