Book Review - When People are Big and God is Small by Edward Welch

 When People are Big and God is Small by Edward Welch

I know I have mentioned this book in previous posts, but I wanted to make sure I had let you know a little more about it.  The subtitle is Overcoming Peer Pressure, Codependency, and the Fear of Man and that sums it up well.  This book is well written and really makes you think about your own idols.  One of my favorite quotes from this book is “The person who fears God will fear nothing else.”  This is so true, but we don’t really think about it well.  Ed Welch helps us go through the root causes of our fear of man and how to overcome it, not by another gimmick, but by truly learning to fear the Lord as we should.  I would recommend this book to everyone (and I’m even assigning it to my high schooler).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127