No compromises

  I’m sure you’ve noticed the great divide in our country.  Culturally, and therefore politically, things seem to be spreading farther and farther apart.  I was thinking about this recently, especially while listening to The Briefing with Albert Mohler.  With a lot of political issues in the past, people have worked hard to come up with a bipartisan compromise.  Things like the budget and national debt, military presence and procedures, etc. have worked with compromises on both sides.  Why aren’t they doing that now?  Because there is no way to compromise on these issues.  Here are some examples:

I believe that there are two genders, male and female, assigned at conception by the DNA God gives us.  If someone else wants to tell me that gender is something you can change or choose for yourself, I’m just going to tell them that they are wrong.  There is no room for compromise in either of our viewpoints.  

Abortion is the same way.  I believe that abortion is murder.  If someone else tells me it is just good healthcare, I am going to tell them that they are wrong.  There is no room for compromise in either of our viewpoints.

Marriage is another issue with no compromise.  I believe that marriage is a God-ordained institution created by Him to include one man and one woman, faithful only to each other, until they are parted by death.  If someone tells me that marriage can be “open” or that two men can get married, I am going to tell them that they are wrong.  There is no room for compromise in either of our viewpoints. 

So what do we do?  Well, first of all, we pray.  God knows exactly what is going on and He is sovereign.  Next, realize that the solution is the gospel, not a social program or legislation.  Lost people will act and think like lost people.  We can’t expect them to act like a saved person, following God’s way, even if we legislate it.  Should we stop fighting for the individual issues?  No.  But we need to focus on sharing the gospel first and foremost.  People need the Lord.  Period.  Otherwise, nothing else matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am not . . .

Crushed, but not broken

Psalm 127